Body Mindfulness (BM)
Body Mindfulness (BM) is an art therapy course that uses body movement to enhance the alertness and awareness of an individual both mental and physical. On a lighter note this course provides an outlet to engage participants while having fun through the medium of dance and yoga-inspired postures promoting overall wellbeing.
The Body Mindfulness (BM) course is broken down into two classes:
BM1: This 60-minute class uses dance to facilitate body movement. Here, the instructor will use a variety of dance genres & techniques to improve student’s coordination amongst others. The goal in this class is to get your blood pumping, boost your energy and ultimately create a fun- filled environment that sharpens your social skills through movement.
BM2: This 60-minute class uses yoga-inspired postures to guide students through a series of mindful movements. These body movements can be considered meditative and therefore have a plethora of benefits. The physical pros may include enhanced flexibility and range of motion. The goal is to enhance one’s mind, body and spiritual connection, giving a heightened consciousness and to ultimately promote relaxation.
The Body Mindfulness course is recommended for everyone. Both classes in this course are open to all organizations and individuals looking to naturally boost their mood and their body’s feel good effect through the art of movement.
Participants must wear gear that support their body while taking these classes e.g. a pair of shoes that support your feet and back properly. Suggestions may be made by your knowledgeable instructors and questions are welcomed. You do not have to buy anything for these classes. Everything needed for instruction will be provided by ELEP or will otherwise be included in the course cost if required. Participants will always be notified of what costs entails if payment is required.
Successful completion of the Body Mindfulness course will have a variety of scientifically validated benefits:
• improved condition of your heart and lungs
• increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
• increased aerobic fitness
• improved muscle tone and strength
• weight management
• stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
• better coordination, agility and flexibility
• improved balance and spatial awareness
• increased physical confidence
• improved mental functioning
• improved general and psychological wellbeing
• greater self-confidence and self-esteem
• better social skills
• boosts the immune system
• decreases inflammation
• decreases stress
• helps with social connections
• enhances brain function
• supports focus and attention
• improves memory
• decreases anxiety
• supports emotional intelligence
• ignites creativity
Body Mindfulness (BM)
Who is this for?
- Beginner and Amateur Learners
- Individuals interested brushing up their drawing skills
- Professional Artists
- Genral Public